Sunday, April 22, 2012


Amir Khosro's Verses:

Har shab manam  futada, Ba girde sarai e tou
every night have I fallen, around the circle of Thy tavern
Har roz ah o nala kunam az barai e tou
every day, do I wail and cry, in yearning of Thee

Jana ba iin shakista dil-bewafa ma shou
O Love, turn not thy gaze from this heartbroken one
Umre guzasht ta shuda am aashina e tou
a lifetime has been spent, in getting to know Thee
Rozay ke zarra zarra shavad, ust khan-e-man
when my bones are nothing but shattered bits
Ba shad hanoz dar dil-e-veesham hava e tou
may my heart still be on the quest of Thee
Bar hal-e-zar-e-man nazar-e-kun ze rahay luft
Let thy Grace fall on my blighted self
Tu Badshah-e-husni o Khusrau gada e tou
Thou art the Lord of Grace, and Khosro but a begger of Thee

No comments:

Post a Comment